SOO - Oakville Community Council
Our sports clubs are supported and coordinated by an active community council made up of volunteers. Among other things, the council is responsible for the administration of clubs within our community and is active in fundraising and in public relations. The council usually meets once a month, from September to June, and is made up of the Head Coach from each active sports club, as well the following:
- Community Council Coordinator
- Joe Cuzzolino: 905-257-5114
- Bernie Cuzzolino: 905-257-5114
- Community Treasurer
- Lorraine Cipparrone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clubs should refer to the Accounting Page in Coach's Corner for very useful information as well as standard Budget, Cheque Request, and Deposit forms available for download.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Patrick Lee: email@example.com
- Clubs should let our Volunteer Coordinator know if they need more volunteers.
- Facility Rentals
- Kathryn Kelley: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clubs should refer to the Facilities Page in Coach's Corner for very useful information about booking of arenas, pools, and sport fields, or for facilities in schools. and about insurance.
- Community Registrar and Webmaster
- MaryAnn Cervin-Lawry: email@example.com
- If you have never been an athlete or volunteer with Special Olympics you will need to fill out Special Olympics Ontario's online registration to begin the process. Once you have done this you will need to contact the club you wish to join to complete the process.
- If you are currently registered and wish to participate in an additional club you will need to contact the club you wish to join.
- Coaches: You may wish to view the Guidelines for Registering Athletes and Coaches.
There are several vacant positions on our council. Should you be interested please view the SOO job descriptions for these positions.