Volunteer and Coach Training and Certification
National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
NCCP is Coaches Association of Canada's (CAC) competency-based training and certification training program.
Online courses are offered by CAC through thelocker.coach.ca. If you do not already have an NCCP number you will need to create one to log in. Online courses recommended for our coaches include:
- Make Ethical Decisions
- Making Head Way in Sport ( about Concussions )
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability
Online courses offered through Special Olympics Canada (SOC) at solearn.ca. This site "provides training, certification, professional development and learning resources for registered Athletes, Coaches & Volunteers of Special Olympics Canada." Recommended courses include:
- Special Olympics Ontario - Volunteer Orientation
In addition SOC has several NCCP accredited courses which must be attended in person. Special Olympics Ontario (SOO) coaches are encouraged to attend the two-day SOC Competition Coach course during their first year coaching. For coaches whose athletes will not be competing at Provincial or National Games, SOO has made available the one-day SOC Community Coach course.
Technical courses are offered through the Ontario provincial sport governing bodies.
Note that these are external links. Please report to the webmaster if any of these links become broken!
- Coaches Association of Canada (CAC):
- Home Page: coach.ca
- Login: thelocker.coach.ca
- Public Transcript available with NCCP number and surname
- Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO)
- Home Page: www.coachesontario.ca
- Course Calendar for NCCP courses offered in Ontario.
- Special Olympics Canada (SOC)
- Requirements for coaches
- eLearning at Special Olympics Canada
- Special Olympics Ontario (SOO)
- NCCP Coaching Certification
- See "Section 10.7 Upcoming SOC Coaching Courses" of the SOO Information Portal for a schedule of courses being offered.